ZOOM Acrylic Painting Course (MONDAYS, 10:00 - 12:00)
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
BOOK BEFORE 10th DEC 2023 for the next course (in Jan-Feb 2024) and get a FREE print of my painting 'Snowy Morning' delivered to you before Christmas!
You will be working on a new painting each week and sessions will have a specific focus with a reference to an artist or a technique.
To take part you will need a camera and Zoom App on your phone, tablet or computer. Zoom is free to download.
Please log into the session in good time – say 10-15 minutes before the start time. If you have trouble logging in, give Julia a ring on 07876484293 and she will try to talk you through it.
During a session, you will be muted so that everyone can concentrate on Julia’s voice, but if you have a question, please switch on your microphone and voice it out, do not be shy. You will be able to paint along with Julia, as she paints or you could just watch and concentrate on her techniques. After the demonstration, there will be opportunity for you to discuss points.
After the session, you will be emailed a link to the recording of the session which will be a private recording held on YouTube so that you can watch it again whilst you paint your own version. This link must not be passed on to anyone else. You are welcome to download and save all videos. However, please be aware that the videos will be deleted from YouTube a week after the end of the course.
Verbal feedback will be available on the completion of your work, this will be arranged over a selected afternoon or evening.
Below are examples of images for OCT-NOV 2023 classes.
Below are examples of images for DEC 2023 classes.
Equipment you will need:
images/ photos you will be using as a reference for AUTUMN Term 2023 are above. If you wish, you can save them as JPG files too, by clicking on individual files. Please have them available for each session printed or on a screen;
- drawing board, which you can raise or an Art & Craft Workstation/ small easel;
- A3 or larger size (40 x 50cm) canvas or board (the proportion of the work might differ – please refer to the images provided) – for each week you will need to prime it with a different acrylic colour as a starting background colour, please see the notes next to each session;
- paper for trying the colours and colour mixing samples;
- a range of acrylic brushes, including a flat and round synthetic brushes, a large 1 ½ inch or 2 inch brush;
- acrylic paints - Julia will be using System 3 Acrylic and her key colours are White, Black, Cadmium Yellow, Ochre, Crimson, Deep Violet, Phthalo Blue, Ultramarine, Emerald Green, other colours are optional;
- kitchen towel;
- water pot;
- palette or big white plate;
- palette knives, a small wooden wedge, sponge, old cloth/ rug – to be used as painting tools;
- additional equipment, please see the notes next to each session (oil pastels and soft pastels, corrugated card, newspaper, charcoal, chalk).
Once the payment was received, you will be emailed a login details (a Zoom link), which you need to use for all 6 Zoom sessions, please keep it safe.
A full refund is available 7 days before to the course starting date.